UPDATE: Naimoli Universe has been revamped with Wix! This post has been edited to reflect the revamp. Check out the updated website now, which features new content!
Hello everyone, and I’m sure you’re fully aware of the fact that it’s been a while since my last post. Well, if you’ve noticed the recent changes to the blog, I’ve been doing some renovations in preparation for my return. And I am happy to announce the launch of my new website, Naimoli Universe!
You may recall the original purpose of this blog in my first post, in which I stated that my intent was to get some exposure with work I did not intend to publish. At the time, my idea was to get noticed by publishers so I can eventually put out the works I do want to publish. This was due to my initial belief that putting work on the Internet can mitigate the chances of it being published. But now, I’ve changed my mind and am relaxing my content policy. As I explain in my first post on Naimoli Universe, college has taught me that in this day and age, publishers are actually searching the Internet for content by aspiring writers and illustrators to see if they have enough interest in their work to make them published authors. With this in mind, I felt it was necessary to keep my artwork distinct from what I write here. So, Naimoli Universe will be solely dedicated to my artwork, while the blog will be solely dedicated to my discussion of other children’s book media. Additionally, getting my audience hyped for what I eventually plan to put out in the years to come will only be beneficial for me in the long run.
So, here are all the changes that I have made:
- The blog’s wallpaper has been transferred to Naimoli Universe’s, while a new wallpaper has been used for the blog to help differentiate between the two websites.
- The Comics page has been removed, and I have transferred all my Izzy Speechbubbles content to Naimoli Universe, where I will be posting all subsequent Izzy Speechbubbles content, and nearly all future personal work.
- The blog itself is going nowhere, but will be accessible through Naimoli Universe via its “Blog” page. Likewise, the Artwork page has now become a link to Naimoli Universe. This will help keep the websites connected yet separate.
- I will continue the Children’s Book Characters in My Art Style series, but those drawings will be the only artwork that I will continue to post on the blog. As the Artwork page is now a link to Naimoli Universe, the repository for the Children’s Book Characters in My Art Style drawings has been renamed “Fanart”.
- I have also made some edits to the About and Contact pages to reflect the changes.
My plan is for Naimoli Universe to ultimately overshadow the blog as the dominant site in my internet network. Of course, that will take a while to achieve, as the site is currently primitive by comparison. So this is definitely not the end of the blog. In fact, I’ve been intermittently working on some new posts since my last. But this is for sure the end of an era and the start of a new one, as I try to focus on my own projects and get the attention of publishers. And of course, you can always visit Naimoli Universe to check out what will certainly be a growing body of artwork.
Hope to see you there! And as usual, stay enlightened, educated and entertained, folks.